The full spectrum doula movement is gaining enormous momentum, and has been appearing more and more in the news and across the social media world recently.
Last week’s article ‘Doulas Aren’t Just for Births Anymore‘ by Michelle Tavarez gives a thorough Full Spectrum 101 kind of introduction to abortion support. Hopefully this article, published by the Columbia News Service at Columbia University, will be syndicated by one of the 400+ news outlets that glean articles from this source.
- The Doula Project
- Spectrum Doula Collective
- Full Spectrum Doulas
- Open Umbrella Collective
- Radical Doula
- Full Spectrum Doula Network
Also, here’s a run-down of some past articles on full spectrum support:
- A Friend in Need: Abortion Doulas Help Women Through Hard Times, Bust Magazine, 2010
- Doulas Step Up to Comfort NYC Abortion Patients, Women’s eNews, 2010
- The Doula Movement: Making the Radical a Reality by Trusting Pregnant Women, RH Reality Check, 2010
- Unconditional Support, No Questions Asked, Brooklyn Ink, 2009
- What’s An Abortion Doula? Strangers Who Will Hold Your Hand While You Go Under the Knife, Slate, 2010
Do you have anything to add to these lists? Let us know!